Saturday, September 20, 2014

Paris


I wanted to go Paris for long time back. You go to travel section of any book store and you will find numinous books on France and especially Paris. So in my short stay in London, I planned to trip to Paris.
It is pain to arrange any visa, particularly Schengen visa because of it's requirement. I quickly arranged  documents and visited french embassy. It took 2 days but I got my visa. I took 2 days off and planned  trip from 18th October - 21th October.
This was my first trip using EUROSTAR rail and going from euro tunnel was emotional part. I clearly remember fit of french and English engineer from TV news in 1986.

I reached to Gare Du Norde railway station from Saint Pancras on 18th evening. I was staying at Voltair. While going by Metro, you come to know stations like Nation, Republic. You right go back into old memories of history book where you learned about french revolution and first formation of republic,

It took sometime to find my hotel but after some running around. Finally able to reach there.

Next day first went to see Notre Dame to see architecture of church. I quickly reached there and felt happy, I didn't get lost. Loved to see broad Seine river.

Next on list was Effiel Tower, I booked ticket to going to top online and wanted to reach before my booking timing.

I reached closest station but to my dismay it was dark and cloudy and tower was not at all visible. Felt bad and cursed own bad luck.
But being that placed made me very happy, journey to top was planned and I liked the metal structure, lifts and also staircase. I did walk few floors to get hang of it.




Next and most important part of journey was Louvre Museum. Then walked to Tomb of Neapolin. This museum was in my mind from after reading book 'Da Vince Code' and I am glad I made it.

Next day visited palace Tuileries-Charles de Gaulle
, Circular IMax theater Grobe . Famouse church at  Saine Caire - It was quite walking on top of hill but view was good. Later to Pigalle At Pigalle, I saw board of famous cabrate dancing theater Moulin Rouge.

On 21st I have to return so trip was short to  La Fayette which famous fashion shopping -
Near by there was Opera theater and it has beautiful architecture.
Then visited garden  invalides mudee d'Orsay petite.
Also went to see Unisco building, Luxembourg, Hotel de Ville












No comments: