Sunday, September 21, 2014

louvre museum


When I read and watched movie on Da Vince Code, I desperately wanted to go to Louvre Museum. Portrait of Mona Lisa which has amazed so many scholars and you keep hearing about in school books, papers and magazine. So Lourve was the important stop for me in my Paris Visit.
Once I finished with Eiffle Tower, I rushed to Museum. There is station by museum itself.

The Louvre is one of the world's largest museums and a historic monument. A central landmark of Paris, France, it is located on the Right Bank of the Seine in the 1st arrondissement (district). Nearly 35,000 objects from prehistory to the 21st century are exhibited over an area of 60,600 square metres (652,300 square feet). The Louvre is the world's most visited museum, and received more than 9.7 million visitors in 2012.

After seeing beautiful glass Pyramid  but at the same time queue for ticket was huge. So after spending almost hour,  I entered inside museum,

First I rushed to Italian Paintings, just to see Mona Lisa. There are two wings in Museaum - Richelieu and Denon. Denon wings have  Italian paintings Raphael, Michel angelo and Da Vinci paintings. Apart from Mona Lisa, I liked Grande Odalisque ,The Coronation of Napoleon

Later moved to Sculpture section. There were many sculptures from all over the world. I liked 4 big statues in front of room.

Venus de Milo, is an ancient Greek statue and one of the most famous works of ancient Greek sculpture. Created sometime between 130 and 100 BC


No comments: