Sunday, September 21, 2014

Brussels - Amsterdam - Luxembourg

Amsterdam
Main land Europe, major activity center for last 1000 years. I did manage to go to Paris in last trip but want to cover few more countries and cities. With my london stay + still having valid visa. Decided to plan few more countries which can easily accessible by train -- so planned 3 countries in 4 days.

Belgium - Brussels
Netherland - Amstradam
Luxumberg - Luxumberg city



There is direct train to Brussels from London, So first stop was Brussel, since last time I choose very cheap this time I decided to have some better hotel. Hotel was indeed good one. But sad part was I was going to be there for very short time.
Once I reached home, I decided to cover as much Brussel as much possible since next day I wanted to go to Amsterdam.

Brussels
So went to main capital square of Brussel, then world famous manneken pis. I didn't like much since size was small. But I did like waffles. Also it is said that best chocalates are from Brussels, so purchased few to take home. I also visited European Parliament, mini Europe. Although it was closed can see all miniature sized important monument. Near by there is Atomium - it stands 102 m (335 ft) tall. Its nine 18 m (59 ft) diameter stainless steel clad spheres are connected so that the whole forms the shape of a unit cell of an iron crystal magnified 165 billion times.










Europa
In front of EU parliament

Next day visited Amsterdam, using one of the fast trains of Europe -  Thales. As imagined Amsterdam was full of cycles, orange colors and many channels. I walked to nearest windmill. Also visited Van Gogh Museum. There were many of his best pictures. But I liked one empty frame - called perspective frame. How true! Art is nothing but getting best out of surrounding through one particular perspective! I decided to take snaps of my camera based on that perspective.

Third day went to Luxembourg, it was 3 hours journey but can feel cold winter weather and hardly populated area. Got fair idea about how will be the rest of Europe.
Luxembourg is small country but located uniquely on hill area. It is sandwiched between France and Germany. I really admire how this country is still survive. I walked all the old fort area and then saw Luxembourg museum. In Luxembourg, I learned Schengen Visa is based on  Schengen Village where first agreement created for borderless Schengen Area (1995) . The treaty was signed on 14 June 1985 between five of the then ten member states of the European Economic Community near the town of Schengen in Luxembourg.



 
Luxembourg

No comments: